Thursday, April 21, 2011

Gone Fishing... Part 2

Michelle, her family, and I went fishing again today!  We... or I should say SHE... had a lot more luck this time!  Here are the pictures! 


She got one!


Pulling from the pier to shore because it was a fighter!


Yeah!  Great job Michelle! :D


It's big enough!  24 1/2 inches!


Look!  A lobster!  I think the poor guy was dead though...


But he was HUGE!  Way bigger than my head!


Lol, Michelle's face cracks me up!  She's sad it's not an awesomely big halibut.


This is an ugly lizard fish.  This guy got tossed back.


I got one! ...too bad it was smaller than the one I got last time!  Oh well, at least I got something!  I also caught a Calico Bass, but had to throw it back as well.


Michelle's hubby caught ANOTHER octopus!  So crazy!  Go here to see my video on it, he actually holds it!  Slimy! lol


Tom trying to get Michelle to kiss it! lol  


When we tossed it back, it inked!  It was WAY more disgusting than when the cute little octopus from Finding Nemo did it. lol


Here's the 2nd one Michelle got!  She was on fire!  No one else caught anything and she got two!  Yeah, she's awesome like that :)


They are so weird looking, with both eyes on one side. lol  Ugly, but so tasty!


Here are the two she caught.


Cleaning it up!  Tom's gonna teach me how to filet the fish.


First you cut right down the middle, then by the head...


More cutting...



He was awesome at not getting any bones or fins!




Lovely


Now to get the two on the underside...



It's crazy it's now see-through!



Cutting up the smaller one



They were awesome enough to give us these filets to take home!!!


Here he is taking the skin off


We've got them home and they're all oiled up getting ready to be baked!


First I slathered them in olive oil and lemon juice.  Then I seasoned them with garlic, season all, basil, dill, and parsley.


After about 12 mins in the oven at 350, they were ready to eat!!!


I added rice and freshly steamed asparagus and BOY WAS IT GOOD!  Rob and I quite enjoyed this meal! :D

It was so fun to bring home your catch (even though Michelle did all the work) and eat it up!  We're thankful to great friends that take me fishing and then share their spoils with us!  Yum yum yum!

3 comments:

  1. That is so awesome!! What fun times you have!! I wish we could do cool stuff like that here!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously! Amazing Experiences you are having, yes? I am yoda...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that looks delish! Better luck for you catching some next time!!!

    ReplyDelete