Tuesday, August 24, 2010

San Diego Living

Living in California was never something that I dreamed of doing.  I always thought it was a great place to visit, but that's all. 

Then when Robert was in Chicago for 'A school' (training the Navy provides for each rate/job) we found out that there were two options of where we'd be stationed for 'C school' (more training).  Those two options were San Diego, CA and Norfolk, VA.  No offense to Virginia, but we'd been there and done that (Rob was there for 4 years and I was with him for 2 and half of those years).  So it was California or bust!  lol Not really, I told Rob if we did get orders to Virginia, then 1. We knew where we'd want to live, 2. We knew the area, and most importantly 3. We had friends there.  But there were so many more pros for San Diego.  The BIGGEST one was that it is only a 6 hour car ride from home (as opposed to a 6 hour plane ride from VA to AZ).  It was a bit nerve racking because San Diego was a really hard station  to get orders to.  But we prayed a lot and along with Robert's awesome hard work and fantastic grades, we received orders to sunny San Diego!  What a blessing!

So far, we're really enjoying it!  Aside from the CrAzY California drivers and the crazy California roads, we are really liking it here!  We already have some favorite places to eat: Studio Cafe and the Broken Yoke. Definitely must eats for anyone visiting!  We plan to do a lot more adventuring, so please make suggestions to places that you've heard of or love yourself!  Don (my awesome step-dad) was here for work and took us out to lunch in Old Town San Diego.  Not only was it awesome and fun, but he gave us a great piece of advice... He said when he lived here years ago, he realized, this is a place where people come to visit.  They plan and take time off.  They pay money to drive or fly, and then more money to stay in a hotel.  He decided that he was going to make a point to visit all the awesome sites, theme parks, etc while he lived here.  And he did!  Rob and I agreed that we were going to do the same!  So you guys will get to see the fruits of that promise!

As for now, I just have a few pics to share.  The house isn't completely organized or unpacked so you don't get to see all of it yet!  But here you go...


Our Balcony!  The Puppy LOVES to have his own place to hang out and people watch.


West view from apt.


Hill just west of apt (outside of the gate).


East of the apt.


Behind the apt.


Another view behind the apt.

When the inside is all nice and orderly, I'll post pictures of that too! :)

3 comments:

  1. I Love your blog already! Its just one of those blogs that are fun to read!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks E! I hope it continues to be fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous place to live! Can't wait to see inside. :)

    ReplyDelete